- Currents events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian national movement.
- Indian and World Geography-physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
- Indian polity and governance –Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate Change – that do not require subject specialization General science.
- General science.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
- English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)