Haryana public service commission conducted the exam of Haryana civil services commonly known as HCS Exam every year. HCS exam is conducted for the recruitment of SDM, DSP, TEHSILDAR, BDO, and ETO etc. within the state. The candidate should not be less than 18 years and not more than 42 years of age. Upper age limit is relaxable upto five years for the candidates belonging to the categories of the state
Candidates must possess Degree of a recognized University of Bachelor of Arts/Science/Commerce or an equivalent degree of a recognized University.
HPSC Exam Pattern
HPSC exam covers two sections:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Interview Stage
Preliminary Examination Pattern:
|Paper I||General Studies||100||2 hours|
|Paper II||CSAT (Qualifying)||100||2 hours|
Main Examination Pattern:
|Paper III||General Studies||200|
|Paper IV||Optional subject Paper – I||200|
| ||Viva Voce||75|
- English and English Essay (100 marks)
- Hindi and Hindi Essay (100 marks)
- General Knowledge (200 marks)
Syllabus for HPSC Compulsory Subjects
English and English Essay
- Questions to test the candidate’s capacity to understand and write good English.
- The paper will comprise precis writing expansion, tests in vocabulary and any other form of composition that may be suitable
Hindi and Hindi Essay (in Devnagri Script):
- Translation of an English passage into Hindi.
- Explanation of Hindi passage into prose & poetry in the same language.
- Composition (idioms, corrections etc)
General Knowledge including Everyday Science:
- This paper is intended to test the candidate’s knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientist aspect as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.
- The paper will also include questions of historical, geographical and economic importance, with special reference to Haryana.
- The Viva-voce will be to test the personal qualities of the candidate. This test will be in matters of general interest and is intended to test the candidate’s alertness, intelligence and general outlook.
- Consideration will also be paid to the bearing and physique of the candidate. It will be conducted either in Hindi or in English depending upon the option exercised by a candidate.
Why choose CS MENTORS IAS Academy?
- Experienced teaching faculties who themselves have gone up to Interview Stage of Civil Service Examination.
- Weekly current affairs handout to cover the static portion of day to day current issues.
- Guest Lectures by Serving Civil Services Officers.
- Separate class to guide students on, how to read News Papers for preparing current affairs.
- Limited students in each class, to ensure the individual attention to each student.
- The experts’ team along with the director are available full day at CS MENTORS for coaching, guidance, doubt clearance and individual attention of students.
- Answer writing practice with personal assistance.
- Special classes for Himachal Pradesh GK, Punjab GK, Haryana GK (pre cum mains pattern) with answer writing practice.
- 24 hrs assistance to our students by our experts through whatsapp, call, messenger or messages.
- Daily Telegram and Facebook updates on contemporary India and world issues.