36 weeks (approx.)
WEEKDAY AND WEEKEND
Syllabus To Be Covered
- History, geography, political, art & culture and socio economic development of Punjab.
- Currents events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian national movement.
- Indian and World Geography-physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
- Indian polity and governance –Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General science.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
- English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)
** Paper I and Paper II both will be considered for merit.
Mains syllabus for PCS
It comprises of total 7 papers.
- Candidates will have the option to attempt all the papers, except the language papers, in Punjabi or English medium.
- Candidates exercising the option to answer Papers in Punjabi language may, if they so desire, give English version within brackets of only the description of the technical terms, if any, in addition to the version in Punjabi language.
- Punjabi (in Gurmukhi Script) Compulsory (of 10+2 standard)
- English Compulsory (of 10+2 standard)
- General Studies Paper-I (History, Geography and Society).
- General Studies Paper- II (Indian Constitution & Polity, Governance and International Relations)
- General Studies Paper-III (Economy, Statistics and Security Issues)
- General Studies Paper-IV (Science & Technology, Environment, Problem Solving & Decision Making)